Thursday, May 16, 2013

SPAM queue unable to reset after phase IMPORT_PROPER

You know it, I know it, SAP knows it.... We all make a few mistakes once in a while. The other day I apparently messed up a SPAM queue updating some support packages.
"no worries" I thought, I'll just reset the queue and start all over. but noooo. SAP stops me from that. Errors like:
You cannot reset the queue from import phase 'IMPORT_PROPER'


immediately hit me..... Annoying. However, I remembered a little trick I did a while ago (yeah, so I dont really learn NOT to make mistakes, I only learn to clean up after myself):

1)  Clear data in the TP buffer, this can be done by renaming the buffer file in /usr/sap/trans/buffer (or whereever the bufferfile is located)
2)  Run the command tp r3i all <SID> pf=<path to TP_DOMAIN_.PFL file> tag=SPAM –Dclientcascade=yes –Drepeatonerror=8
3)  Go to SAP and run transaction se37 and enter the function module ocs_reset_queue, hit F8 and apply parameters IV_TOOL=SPAM and IV_FORCE=x
4)  Now the queue is nice and clean....



Downside is ofcourse that doing this might leave you with an unstable system. But if the alternative is a restore, then I'll personally be happy to try this first.Though next time I think I'll try to spend some time to figure out how to forcefully complete the queue instead. That could come in handy if I fail during the DDIC_ACTIVATION phase instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment