Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Loading saplogon.ini from a custom location

I've always been somewhat annoyed by the fact that in various versions of the SAPgui the location of the saplogon.ini file moved around.
So the other day when I had a problem updating my gui to 7.30 (a requirement for PLM), I was once again met by problems as the saplogon decided to load an old version of my saplogon.ini.... As I only had the one version of the file on my computer (in c:\windows), I was baffled. Fortunately, I remembered a trick from virtualization: I simply closed down my SAP windows, and replaced the saplogon shortcut with a new one that looked something like this:

%programfiles%\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\saplogon.exe /ini_file="C:\windows\saplogon.ini"

And hey presto. Up and running again. Now for the hard task of figuring out HOW an old version of the saplogon.ini was found....

No comments:

Post a Comment