Thursday, November 29, 2012

Program RSUSR003 reports security violation

I got this alarm on a system recently. And it really annoyed me, because I'd not seen this one before.

So I looked at the source of the alarm. It was a syslog message, and it was pointing to a user and a report. So presumably, running the report would generate the error. I easily replicated this in another environment, by simply running the report.


So I contacted the user and asked what was this all about, and apparently, during an audit someone suggested running this report on a regular basis. And the report is nice. It shows the status of default users, the settings of the passwordlength and complexity etc.

The only problem is that if our setup varies from how the report thinks the world should look, apparently I will get this error in my syslog. And as I cant really go around enforcing a different password policy on the SAP system than on all the other systems, I had to make the error go away.

So setting out to do this, I looked again in the syslog. The error code was E03, meaning in area E0 subid 3. I opened the table TSL1T and looked at area E0.


So it would appear that this particular error only occurs "when expected", as it is called from within reports. So my solution was to simply remove the E03 from the syslog filter in my solution manager alerting... However, there's no "where used" function for syslog messages, so I might be wrong about the severity, but I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment