Thursday, November 1, 2012

Does not match Component version

One of my clients have a SAP GRC Access Control application installed on their system.

But after upgrading the SAP system to EHP6, I ran into a problem with the transport system suddenly showing the status of transports from the dev system as "Does not match component version". Upon checking, I found the cause to be that the VIRSANH 530_700 component wasn't a part of the test system I'm trying to import the transports into.
Apparently, the customer only wants this component on the development system, as they only use the functionality in the development system.

So, without the option to install the component on the other systems to get the component versions identical, I had to set the parameter SP_TRANS_SYNC = OFF in the transport tool. The major downside is that this will ignore ALL component version problems, not just the ones affecting the GRC access control.

No comments:

Post a Comment