Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sometimes windows is a funny thing

Once in a while I run across a few oddities, I think most of us do, in my daily tasks. One of them was this one....
A filesystem with the SAP workfiles was full, and I had to do some cleanup to get things going. Just deleting the recyclebin didn't really cut it, so I had to deelte some files.
Going to the workdir and selecting the oldest files, will usually net me a couple of outdated files I can delete, so I tried to delete these and got this funny error from windows:


  

Apparently I need to delete some files in order to be able to delete files ;)
Fortunately the fix is easy, the error actually means that I cannot send the files selected to the recyclebin. So simply clicking shift+delete will work.
Meanwhile I'm still working on some automated cleanup tasks.... It would seem there's still systems around here that need it. And now I have even more reason to laugh at Microsofts error messages....

No comments:

Post a Comment